According to the energy saving trust, boilers account for around 60% of the CO2 emissions in a home that is heated by gas. However, by switching to a high efficiency boiler, you can drastically reduce that impact that your property is having on the environment. Inefficient boilers consume more energy, require more maintenance, and have a lower rating on home energy performance certificates, which could put off potential buyers or tenants if you are marketing your property. Thus, older boilers not only waste energy and cost more to maintain, but prove even more hazardous in terms of safety regulations and carbon emissions. So, isn’t now the right time to discard or scrap your old boiler and opt for a state-of-the-art energy saving model?
Advantages of switching to energy efficient boilers
• Save money on energy bills – you could save up to £225 per year
• Require fewer repairs and have low maintenance costs
• Will help your property to gain a better energy efficiency rating on your Home Energy Certificate (EPC)
• Reduce carbon emissions - by as much as 1.1 tonnes of CO2
• Heat your property far more efficiently, meaning that you stay in the warm
The most efficient new boiler systems are condensing boilers, which extract some of the heat from exhaust gases that would otherwise be discarded in the heating process. This means that condensing boilers can be as much as 12% more efficient than a non-condensing boiler. Types of condensing boiler include:
1) Regular Open-Vented systems- Connected to two tanks placed in the loft, this boiler includes a small tank meant for ‘feed and expansion’, and this supplies water to the boiler as well as the radiators. The cold water is supplied by a storage tank, which in turn supplies it to an open vent hot water cylinder.
2) Regular Sealed Systems- This system is filled with pressure and then sealed. It is connected to an unvented hot water cylinder. This system does not require a roof expansion or cylinder tank.
3) Combination Boilers- This system is by far the most popular and energy efficient, as it gives you instant hot water without the need for a cylinder. It runs on demand, and is ideal for homes that have no roof space.
So, if you are facing problems with respect to your energy bills, and your boiler has not been replaced recently, it may be time that you looked at a high efficiency boiler for your home
Why Choose Us?
Dedicated & professional service
On-Site visits available
We are fully registered engineers
0800 093 5211